Copyright © 2007, Garden Ridge Lions Club, All Rights Reserved
Board Minutes are provided for the last month. If you require additional information, please contact our Secretary.
OFFICIAL MINUTES OF SPECIAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
1. The Garden Ridge Lions Club Board Meeting was held in the Lions Den on February 15, 2017. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
The following members were present: President Carmen McCaw, Treasurer Mark Meyers, 1st Vice President John Mitzel, Program Director Mark Frye, 2nd Vice President Mark DuBois, 1 Yr Director Larry Thompson, 3rd Vice President Bill Swint, 2 Yr Director John McCaw, Secretary Jim Newbold
Minutes: The minutes of the January 18, 2017 Lions Club Board meeting were read and approved.
The Treasurer’s Admin Report: The Admin account financial report and previous month’s financials were discussed and approved. (Financial report attached)
Officer Committee Reports
Membership: We received new member applications for Mike and Tonya Heath; their sponsor is Al Haddad. A motion to accept their membership applications were made and approved. They will be inducted at our next membership meeting on February 27, 2017.
• Lions Den: New flooring and other improvements for the Lions Den. We are waiting for Dick Vogt to return to order the flooring.
• Lions Den: The City closed the two holes on the outside crawlspace under the Lions Den.
• Slate of Officers 2017-18: 1st VP John Mitzel presented a proposed slate of officers for 2017-18 to the Board (Slate attached). A motion was made and approved to present this slate to the general membership at the next meeting. It was recommended that John Mitzel introduce his proposed slate of officers to the general membership.
Adjourn: Carmen McCaw, President, adjourned the meeting at 7:25p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club
2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above:
Minutes: The minutes of the January 18, 2017 Lions Charities, Inc. Board meeting were read and approved.
The Treasurer’s Charities Report: The Charities account financial report and previous month’s financials were discussed and approved. (Financial report attached) Because of the change in banks, from American Bank of Texas to First United Bank, the rules and costs have changed for the use of credit cards at our Annual FF,BBQ&A; Mark Meyers is checking this out and will report back to the Board.
• Received a letter from the American Legion Auxiliary, Guadalupe Valley Post, regarding Girls State.
• Received a letter from the American Legion, Guadalupe Valley Post, regarding Boys State.
• Received a request for funding from Leader Dog Program.
• Girls State: Cost per girl is $425. The number of girls to select was discussed. A motion was made and approved to select 3 girls to attend Girls State for a total cost of $1,275.00.
• Boys State: Cost per boy is $295. The number of boys to select was discussed. A motion was made and approved to select 4 boys to attend Boys State for a total cost of $1,180.00.
• ES Eye Glasses Program: Eyeglasses and exams for needy elementary school kids was discussed. A motion was made and passed to allocate $1,500 for this purpose. The two school nurses will approve children for the program and costs should be held to approximately $129.00 per child for both an exam and glasses. Any leftover funds in this budget item will be carried over to next year. Details to manage the program and keep costs down are TBD.
• Committee to study improvements for FFBBQ&A: Committee members; Joe Britan, Carmen McCaw, Larry Thompson, Jim Morgan & John Mitzel.
• Aileen Mojica: Special funding for eyeglasses and Hearing aids for Aileen Mojica. Carmen McCaw will get with Al Haddad for more information.
• Leader Dogs: A motion was made and approved to donate $400.00 to Leader Dogs for the Blind.
• District Convention: We will perform the Memorial Service at the District Convention, Saturday, May 13.
Adjourn: Carmen McCaw, President, adjourned the meeting at 8:15p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.