ACTION Minutes: The minutes of the June 19 and July 17, 2019 Lions Club Admin Board meetings were read; there being no additions or corrections, the minutes were adopted. Treasurer
ACTION Treasurer’s Admin Report: Review/Discuss June and July Admin financials, a motion was made by Mandy Hagy to accept the Treasurer Report, the motion was seconded and approved. Balance as of August 14 was $8,327.34.
• We received a banner patch from Leader Dogs and a banner 2018-2019 chevron patch from LCIF.
Officer Committee Reports
• REPORT LEO Club Status: Mandy discussed what was happening with the Leo Club and their need to set up bank accounts.Old Business
• REPORT Spending Authority: Mark Meyers, Treasurer requested clarification of who has authority to spend Lions money. It was determined that responsibility lies upon individual committee chairs to get receipts for reimbursement to the Treasurer as soon as possible.
• REPORT New Member Assignments: Who will focus new members on committee assignments. Pat Hartley will get new members to complete an “Interest Survey” and assign the new member to a committee in accordance with their interests.
• REPORT Remote Meeting Access: Report on accessing Board Meetings remotely. Bill Swint is trying to contact Mike Harriman for additional information,New Business
• REPORT Christmas Party: Dick Vogt, Chair, discussed planning; he recommended that we hire a DJ for 2.5 hours instead of our traditional High School Choir. The Board recommended that he check the pulse of the general membership on this topic.
Adjourn: Bill Swint, President, adjourned the meeting at 7:45 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club 2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above:
ACTION Minutes: The minutes of the June 19 and July 17, 2019 Lions Club Charities Board meetings were read; there being no additions or corrections, the minutes were adopted.Treasurer
ACTION Treasurer’s Charities Report: Review/Discuss June and July Charities financials, a motion was made by Mandy Hagy to accept the Treasurer Report, the motion was seconded and approved. Balance as of August 14 was $6,548.69. We are holding approximately $2,900 in outstanding checks.
ACTION Outstanding Checks: Mark Meyers made a motion to rescind 4 checks not yet presented (see below); motion was seconded by Mark DuBois. Motion passed approved.
Circle of Cancer Care, $100, chk # 1724.
Children’s Advocacy Center, $500, chk # 1727.
Family Promis, $500, chk # 1738.
NB Citizen’s Police-Life Savers, $500, chk # 1740.Correspondence
• Resources for Women Invitation, RSVP by Aug 28, Annual Fundraising Dinner, Monday, Sept 9 at 6:00 pm.
• Texas Lions Camp thank you letter for our $6,000 donation to International Counselor Stipends.
• Thank you letters from Mya Gonzales and the Gonzales family for sponsoring Mya Gonzales, TLC Camper.
• Roy Mass Youth Alternatives invitation to their 2019 fundraising Gala, Nov 9th.
• City of Garden Ridge Library thank you letter for our donation to help launch the coding system called Prenda.
• NoneNew Business
• REPORT Peace Poster Contest: We discussed holding judging at our FF,BBQ&A; winners will receive 1st-2nd-3rd prize ribbons. Committee members are Mandy Hagy, Linda Heier, Pam Pitzen, Melinda Cruz-Balderas and Jen Weber.
• REPORT Audit Committee: The Audit committee will be Bill Swint, Mark Meyers, Mark DuBois, Mandy Hagy and Jim Morgan.
• REPORT Budget Committee: Bill Foote will Chair; members will be Noelle Czerniak, Bill Swint and Mark Meyers.
• ACTION Legacy Fund: We discussed the use of the Legacy Funds for FF/BBQ startup. A motion was made by Mandy Hagy to transfer $9,876.40 from the Legacy Account to the Charities Account. The motion was seconded and approved.
• ACTION Poster: a motion was made by Mark DuBois to be reimbursed for three TLC picture posters at a cost of $59.97 for display at raffle ticket sales and FF,BBQ&A. The motion was seconded and approved.
• REPORT Home for our Troops: Volunteer Day to work on Lisa Marie Wiley’s garden is scheduled for September 11 at 8:30 a.m. The Key Ceremony will be held September 14 at 9:30 a.m.
• ACTION FF,BBQ&A: Bill Foote made a motion to spend not to exceed $350 on FF,BBQ&A on advertising yard signs. The motion was seconded and approved.
Adjourn: Bill Swint, President, adjourned the meeting at 8:30 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.