The following members were present: President Mark DuBois, Program Director Mark Frye, 1st Vice President Bill Swint, Imm Past President John Mitzel, 2nd Vice President Ray Pitzen, 1 Yr Director Dick Vogt, 3rd Vice President Bill Foote, 1 Yr Director Larry Thompson, Secretary Jim Newbold, 2 Yr Director Jim Morgan, Acting Treasurer Ray Pitzen, 2 Yr Director Larry Smedley, Service Chair Mandy Hagy
ACTION Minutes: The minutes of the April 17, 2019 Lions Club Board meeting was read; a motion was made by Mark Frye to accept the minutes, the motion was seconded and approved. No changes or corrections were noted.Treasurer
ACTION Treasurer’s Admin Financials: The Admin April financials were reviewed and discussed; a motion was made by Dick Vogt to accept the Treasurer’s Report, the motion was seconded and approved.
ACTION QuickBooks: Purchase approved February (NTE $150) for QuickBooks upgrade. A motion was made by Larry Thompson to increase this amount not to exceed $200.00, the motion was seconded and approved.
REPORT Tax Filing: Should be completed this week.Correspondence
Officer Committee ReportsMembership:
• ACTION We received a membership application from Will Sharp, sponsored by Lion Jim Newbold. A motion was made by Mandy Hagy to accept his membership application, the motion was seconded and approved. Old Business
• ACTION Wheelchair Refurbishment: Needs batteries (expected cost, $140); New batteries were donated by Interstate Batteries. We are also looking for a new home or it was suggested that we could auction it off in October.
• REPORT LEO Club: The new Leo club was inducted at our regular membership meeting, May 8, 2019. New Business
• REPORT Installation Dinner: Installation is scheduled for Wednesday June 26, 2019; Dick Vogt will Chair. Our budget is $1,100.00. PDG Charles and Nancy Handrick will be our Installing Officers.
Adjourn: Mark DuBois, President, adjourned the meeting at 7:20 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club
2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above.
ACTION Minutes: The minutes of the April 17, 2019 Lions Charities Board meeting were read; a motion was made by Larry Thompson to accept the minutes, the motion was seconded and approved. No changes or corrections were noted.Treasurer
ACTION Treasurer’s Charities Report: The Charities Budget for April and financials were reviewed and discussed; a motion was made by John Mitzel to accept the Treasurer’s Report, the motion was seconded and approved. See attached Charities Report
REPORT Tax Filing: Should be completed this week.
REPORT Auction Software: The auction software has been renewed for this year at a cost of $229.35.Correspondence
• Network for Good: We received donations through Facebook for a total of $106.
• Homes For Our Troops: We received a letter thanking us for our $500 donation from HFOT; a thankyou card from the family, an HFOT Thankyou Certificate.
• HOPE Hospice: We received a letter thanking us for our $2,000 donation.
• Friends Of The Children Of Haiti FOTCOH: We received a letter thanking us for our $500 donation.
• Team Ability: We received a letter thanking us for our $1,000 donation.
• Texas Lions Camp: We received a thankyou letter for our labors at the TLC Workday on April 6, 2019.
• LSLEB: We received a request for a donation from the Lone Star Lions Eye Bank.
• First United Bank: We received a report on the credit card reader from our bank.Old Business
• REPORT Garden Ridge Library: The Garden Ridge Library requested our continued support of the children’s book series Lone Star Books. A check was presented to the Library for $258.00.
• REPORT TLC Scholarships: - Six $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to camp counselors from the 2019-2020 Charities Budget. TLC has been notified, Bill Swint will make the presentations on Friday, June 28, 2019. The awards will not be paid until Aug/Sept 2019 (next year’s budget).
• REPORT TLC Camp Cook-Out: John Mitzel reported that the Garden Ridge Lions Charities will sponsor the first Texas Lions Camp Cook-Out on June 6, 2019. The projected cost will be $5.50 per box lunch, with 75 expected children and staff. TLC may have additional items to charge to our costs. ?
• ACTION Refurbish Barrel Cars: Update on future ownership, cleaning, repair, painting of the barrel cars. Mandy Hagy made a motion to budget not to exceed $500.00 to refurbish the cars, the motion was seconded and approved. The funds will come from the President’s Discretionary monies. Larry Thompson reported the City will retain ownership.
• REPORT Environmental: Mandy Hagy reported that Jake Hogy’s Eagle Scout project, built 40 benches at the Bracken Bat Cave along the trail and at the cave entrance viewing location.New Business
• REPORT Donation Request: If you know of an organization in need of financial support, complete the donation request form (file attached) email it to Amanda Hagy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring it to the May 15 Board meeting and give to Amanda Hagy. The Service Committee will review and provide recommendations to the June Board for approval – Amanda Hagy. The monthly deadline for Donation Request Form (attached) submission to the Service Committee will be the second Wednesday of each month.
Adjourn: Mark DuBois, President, adjourned the meeting at 8:45 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.