OFFICIAL MINUTES OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
1. The Garden Ridge Lions Club Board Meeting was held on November 18, 2020. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, members attended the meeting via GoToMeeting. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
The following members were present:
Service Chair Noelle Czerniak
1st Vice President Mandy Hagy Lion Hunter Dick Holloway
2nd Vice President Steve Gallets 1 Yr Director Dick Vogt
Treasurer Tara Brown 2 Yr Director & Programs Mark Frye
Secretary Jim Newbold 2 Yr Director Larry Thompson
Imm Past President Bill Swint
REPORT Minutes: The minutes of the October 21, 2020 Lions Club Board meetings were read; there being no additions or corrections, the minutes were adopted.
REPORT Treasurer’s Admin Report: Review/Discuss Admin financials (Attached), 2019 Federal Taxes have been submitted with online 990N. There being no additions or corrections, the Admin Financials were adopted. Current balance is $10,165.56.
• REPORT E-Mail Addresses: The E-Mail address for the Secretary and Service Chair still need to be updated.
Officer Committee Reports
• Membership: Dick Holloway, Chairman, requested approval to purchase postage stamps. A motion was made by Dick Holloway, seconded and approved to allow $25.00 to purchase stamps.
• REPORT Valentines’ Party: Dick Vogt reported the Olympia Hills Club Christmas Party has been canceled due to COVID-19 and a discussion to have a Valentines’ Party in February ensued.
Adjourn: Amanda Hagy, 1st Vice President, adjourned the meeting at 7:21 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club
2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above:
Minutes: The minutes of the October 21, 2020 Lions Club Charities Board meetings were read; there being no additions or corrections, the minutes were adopted.
• REPORT Treasurer’s Charities Report: Review/Discuss Charities financials (Charities Budget Attached), 2019 Taxes have been filed for Charity on a 990EZ. Total cost for accounting is $400.00. We should get the bill this week. No expenses paid from Charities Account since Sept 16, 2020 totals $283.33 refund from Girls State and income received is $1000 (Donation for Firewood). There being no additions or corrections, the Charities Financials were adopted. Our current account balance is $29,401.89. The current Balance for the Legacy Account is $19,923.08.
• A refund check (replaces check #3258) from American Legion Auxiliary Girls State, 11/05/2020.
• Annual Report from Friends of the Children of Haiti (FOTCOH).
• Operation Comfort has moved to 1107 Austin Hwy., San Antonio, Texas.
• A Thank You and receipt for our 100% donation to Lions World Services for the Blind ($166.00).
• A Thank You and receipt for our 100% donation to Texas Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center (TLERC, $83.00).
• A Banner Patch, Thank You and receipt for our 100% donation to the Texas Lions Camp (TLC, $830.00).
• A Request for donation and a newsletter from Homes for our Troops.
• A Thank You card from Madison Hopcus, High School Scholarship recipient.
Officer Committee Reports
o Peace Poster Contest: Mandy Hagy reported that three posters were sent to District 2-S3 level for judging.
o Service: Day for Girls Bags, over 1200lbs of beans and rice global missions; LEOs will be helping Lions with Thanksgiving and Christmas food basket and Christmas Toy operations.
• Service Up-dates:
o Blood Drive: Dick Holloway reported that he had Will Sharp publish the Blood Drive. Mandy will work with Larry Smedley to get it on Facebook; Dick Holloway will contact the City as well.
• REPORT Christmas and Thanksgiving: We have 40 recipient families on the list; over half from Garden Ridge Elementary and Davenport High School. Food P/U Thursday, 3:00 p.m. Leos to help set-up at Community Center. Drivers will remain in cars/wear masks. Operation Santa Claus gift wrapping will be Virus safe. Bill Swint will handle Elf Louise.
• REPORT Market Days Event: Dick Holloway reported we worked from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. It was an impressive event; we used the event to publicize the Lions Club and as a recruitment activity.
• REPORT Park Clean-up: Four Lions attended, Larry Thompson, Dave Heier, Dick Vogt and Jay Milligan.
• REPORT Road Clean-up: The Bat Cave Road Cleanup was chaired by Greg Loser.
• REPORT Wheelchair Update: Dick Holloway reported that John Mitzel helped him charge and install a new donated battery; however, it will not run. He will continue to get it checked out.
Adjourn: Amanda Hagy, 1st Vice President, adjourned the meeting at 7:45 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.