Copyright © 2007, Garden Ridge Lions Club, All Rights Reserved
Board Minutes are provided for the last month. If you require additional information, please contact our Secretary Jim Newbold.
1. The Garden Ridge Lions Club Board Meeting was held in the Lions Den on June 21, 2017. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
The following members were present: President Carmen McCaw, Tail Twister Ray Pitzen, 1st Vice President John Mitzel, 1 Yr Director Larry Thompson, 2nd Vice President Mark DuBois, 2 Yr Director Jim Morgan,
3rd Vice President Bill Swint, 2 Yr Director John McCaw, Secretary Jim Newbold, Imm Past President Larry Steele
Minutes: The minutes of the May 17, 2017 Lions Club Board meeting were read. A motion was made by Larry Steele to approve, and the motion was second and approved.
The Treasurer’s Admin Report: The Admin account financial report and previous month’s financials were discussed, a motion was made by Larry Steele to approve, and the motion was second and approved. (Financial report attached)
Officer Committee Reports
• We have requests from members who have requested that they be dropped, in good standing, from membership: Ray Pitzen made a motion, seconded and approved to drop John Trevino, Jim Young and Peter Partington in good standing.
• A motion was made by Mark DuBois, seconded and approved to induct a new member, Michael Goettsch, sponsored by Mark DuBois, at June 28th meeting.
• Garden Ridge Lions Road Signs: John McCaw reported on City of Garden Ridge and TxDot requirements and where to place the new signs.
• Catered Meals: Need list of 10 Board/Club member approved meal selections and a chair. Mark DuBois volunteered to Chair this committee and contact Dottie.
• Polo Shirts: Carmen reported that Jane Smith is the go to lady for obtaining and embroidering the polo shirts. Jane will be out of town until August; Carmen will contact her then and setup purchase procedures and prices for purple polo shirts for members that desire them.
• Installation Dinner: We are working on RSVPs and will report the final numbers to Dottie by June 23, 2017. E-mails and phone calls are going out to obtain the final attendance. Judy Curtis and Kate Kohl were invited and will not be available to attend. We will purchase wine, $50.00; shrimp, $160.00; and beer, two cases at $50.00.
Adjourn: Carmen McCaw, President, adjourned the meeting at 7:50 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club
2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above:
Minutes: The minutes of the May 17, 2017 Lions Charities, Inc. Board meeting were read. A motion was made by John McCaw to approve, the motion was second and approved.
The Treasurer’s Charities Report: The Charities account financial report and previous month’s financials were discussed. Approval was tabled until John Mitzel can get with Mark Meyers on a couple of the numbers in the report. (Financial report attached)
• Charitable funding: Possible increases in charitable funding was discussed; increasing scholarship amounts, a donation to RISE Rehabilitation for Handicapped, paint the Garden Ridge Library, increase in donation to Resources for Women and Friends of the Children of Haiti (FOTCOH). A motion was made by Jim Newbold, seconded and approved to donate $500.00 to RISE Rehabilitation for Handicapped and $500.00 to Friends of the Children of Haiti (FOTCOH) from this year’s budget.
• Received 3 thank you cards/letters/E-mails from High School scholarship recipients; Jordan Douglas, Christopher Toudouze and Sydney Rubey.
• Installing Officer: Lion Ray Pitzen reported on LSLEB gift to be presented to PDG Gil Burrell. The LSLEB recommended a donation to the LSLEB “Wall of Giving.” A motion was made by Ray Pitzen, seconded and approved to donate $500.00 to the LSLEB Wall of Giving in the name of PDG Gil Burrell.
• Garden Ridge Library: Jim Newbold will contact Dick Holloway to see if he will Chair a paint crew to paint the Library.
• President Carmen McCaw: She thanked all of the members of the Board for their service this past year and presented a 2017 Lions Clubs International Centennial Silver Dollar to each Board member present at tonight’s meeting.
Adjourn: Carmen McCaw, President, adjourned the meeting at 8:20 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.