OFFICIAL MINUTES OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
1. The Garden Ridge Lions Club Board Meeting was held in the Lions Den on August 15, 2018. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
The following members were present:
President Mark DuBois Tail Twister Noelle Czerniak
1st Vice President Bill Swint Lion Tamer Vic Rodriguez
2nd Vice President Ray Pitzen 1 Yr Director Dick Vogt
3rd Vice President Bill Foote 1 Yr Director Larry Thompson
Secretary Jim Newbold 2 Yr Director Jim Morgan
Treasurer Mark Meyers 2 Yr Director Larry Smedley
Program Director Mark Frye Service Chair Mandy Hagy
Imm Past President John Mitzel LCIF Coordinator John McCaw
Lion Hunter Dave Heier Super Raffle Chair Kerry Ledford
Minutes: The minutes of the July 18, 2018 Lions Club Board meeting were read, a motion was made by Larry Thompson to accept the minutes, the motion was seconded and approved.
The Treasurer’s Admin Report: The Admin account financial report and previous month’s financials were discussed, a motion was made by Mandy Hagy to accept the Treasurer Report, and the motion was seconded and approved. (Admin Financial report attached)
2018-2019 Admin Budget: A recommendation to amend the Admin Budget to include an annual Lions Club membership for one member of the Garden Ridge Police Department and one member of the Bracken Volunteer Fire Department (Amount, $740). John Mitzel made a motion to accept the Admin Budget as amended, the motion was seconded and approved. (see attached)
• Canyon Lake Noon Lions Club will be holding their Golf Tournament on September 25, 2018.
Officer Committee Reports
Membership: Received a new member application from Virginia Batchler, sponsored by Ray Pitzen. An E-mail vote was approved by the Board and she was inducted on July 25, 2018.
Dues: Two members are in arrears for more than the current quarter.
• None:Adjourn: Mark DuBois, President, adjourned the meeting at 7:22 p.m.Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club
2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above:
Minutes: The minutes of the July 18, 2018 Lions Charities, Inc. Board meeting were read a motion was made by Dick Vogt to accept the minutes, the motion was seconded and approved.
The Treasurer’s Charities Report: The Charities account financial report and previous month’s financials were discussed, a motion was made by Larry Thompson to accept the Treasurer Report, the motion was seconded and approved. (Financial report attached)
2018-2019 Charities Budget – Teachers Appreciation: An E-mail vote was taken on a single budget item motion for Teacher Appreciation in the amount of $3,800.00, 38 teachers at $100 per classroom teacher; the motion was approved. A motion was made by Larry Thompson to amend the previous motion to read “50 teachers, at $75 per teacher, and $3 each to activate the Visa cards, for a total of $3,900. The motion was seconded, discussed and approved.
2018-2019 Charities Budget: Bill Swint made a motion, seconded and approved to accept the Charities Budget as amended (see attached Budget).
Annual Financial Audit: It was recommended that the Admin and Charities accounts be audited. The audit committee, consisting of Dick Vogt, Jim Morgan and one individual from the general membership, will audit the accounts and submit a report to the next Board Meeting.
• Thank you letter from Kyle Biedermann, Texas State Representative
• Correspondence with Joan Helmke, Texas Bluebonnet Girls State, ALA Unit 35 Chair. Rebecca Covington, Jacquelyne Howell, Joan Helmke and her husband will be attending the August 22 general membership meeting to say thank you for the opportunity to attend Girls State. Hanna Gray cannot attend.
• Thank you letter from the Texas Lions Camp for our 100%, $800.00 donation.
• Super Raffle tickets: Kerry Ledford discussed and passed out Super raffle tickets.
• Master Gardener Project: John Mitzel reported that the arbor has been built; a possible date for the ribbon cutting ceremony is October 2018.
• FF&A SYSCO: Ray Pitzen stated that SYSCO is setting up a Lions Club account and the Fish Frying Team practice run will be held at SYSCO on September 9, 2018.
• Conflict of Interest Forms: All board members need to sign the conflict of interest forms. Board members remaining to sign; George Chambers. These signed forms will be maintained by the Secretary.
• 2018-2019 Garden Ridge Lions Project List: Need at least 2 members listed per event (file attached). The second member names were reported to Mandy Hagy and she will update the list.
• Cash Donations: A policy letter for handling Donations, funding requests and reimbursements was passed out to all Board members.
• Dru Estes Benefit: Saturday, August 18; more participation is needed. Please volunteer to Mandy Hagy or Mark DuBois.
• Raffle Drawings: We may have a conflict between the regular and super raffles. Mark DuBois will chase this down and report back ASAP.
Adjourn: Mark DuBois, President, adjourned the meeting at 8:52 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.