OFFICIAL MINUTES OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
1. The Garden Ridge Lions Club Board Meeting was held in the Lions Den on June 19, 2019. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
The following members were present:
1st Vice President Bill Swint Tail Twister Noelle Czerniak
2nd Vice President Ray Pitzen 1 Yr Director Dick Vogt
3rd Vice President Bill Foote 1 Yr Director Larry Thompson
Secretary Jim Newbold 2 Yr Director Larry Smedley
Acting Treasurer Ray Pitzen Service Chair Mandy Hagy
Program Director Mark Frye LCIF Coordinator John McCaw
Lion Hunter Dave Heier Secretary
ACTION Minutes: The minutes of the May 15, 2019 Lions Club Board meeting were read; a motion was made by Mandy Hagy to accept the minutes, the motion was seconded and approved. Treasurer
ACTION Treasurer’s Admin Report: The Admin May Actual financials were reviewed and discussed, a motion was made by Larry Thompson to accept the Treasurer Report, and the motion was seconded and approved. (Admin May Financials attached)
Lions Admin Tax Filing: Mark Meyers has filed the Admin tax return.
Upgrade to QuickBooks: Ray Pitzen has upgraded QuickBooks softwareCorrespondence
• We received a thank you letter from the Texas Lions Camp thanking us for our participation in the May 2019 TLC Workday event. We did planting, pruning and garden care around the pool and at the entry to Frontier Village. Officer Committee Reports
ACTION Membership: Two members have requested to be dropped from membership in good standing; Rich Simmons and Dave Wilcox. A motion was made by Dave Heier, seconded and approved to drop both members.
• REPORT Installation Dinner: Dick Vogt has 70 members and guests signed up. Dick has E-mailed those not yet responding to reply yes or no.
• REPORT Auction Mesquite Firewood: Dave Heier reported that a friend on Bat Cave Road has several truck-loads of mesquite to donate. Dave will contact Todd Arvidson to arrange pick-up and delivery to Walter Brown’s.
• ACTION 4th of July in the Park: Mandy Hagy Discussed give-a-way promotional items. Ray Pitzen made a motion to allocate Not to Exceed $200 for purchasing promotional items for future events, the motion was seconded and approved. Mandy will purchase items.
Adjourn: Bill Swint, Acting President, adjourned the meeting at 7:20 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club 2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above:
ACTION Minutes: The minutes of the May 15, 2019 Lions Charities, Inc. Board meeting were read; a motion was made by Mandy Hagy to accept the minutes, the motion was seconded and approved.
ACTION Treasurer’s Charities Report: The Charities Budget and May Actual financials were reviewed and discussed; a motion was made by Dick Vogt to accept the Treasurer Report, and the motion was seconded and approved. Seven Board members voted for and 4 voted against (Financial Charities Report attached)
ACTION Lions Charities Tax Filing: Mark Meyers has filed the Charities tax return.
ACTION Renew Software for Auctria: Ray Pitzen has purchased the renewal Auctria software.Correspondence
• Lions Club High School Scholarships – We received three thank you cards from scholarship recipients; Peyton Cattarin, Alarie Nchter and Taylor Oliphant.Old Business
• REPORT TLC Picnic Update: John Mitzel paid for the dinners ($651.00); we will get an additional bill from the Casmp for drinks, etc.
• REPORT Dinner Tonight Diabetic Event Update: Mandy Hagy reported a great program; many positive comments.
• REPORT Refurbish Barrell Cars: Dick Holloway reported that the project will be complete by the end of next week.
• REPORT TLC Scholarships: Bill Swint and Jim Newbold will be traveling to the Texas Lions Camp on Friday June 28 to present 6 $1,000.00 scholarships to selected Camp Counselors. New Business
• ACTION Park Bench: We discussed purchasing a memorial park bench and plaque in honor of Harvey Bell. A motion was made by Larry Thompson to approve, NTE, $700.00 to purchase the bench and plaque, the motion was seconded and approved to pay for this item from the Admin account, President’s and Treasurer’s Discretionary Fund.
• ACTION Service Committee Recommendations: Jim Newbold made a motion to approve the Service Committees recommendations (see attached), the motion was seconded and approved.
Adjourn: Bill Swint, Acting President, adjourned the meeting at 8:20 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.