Copyright © 2007, Garden Ridge Lions Club, All Rights Reserved
Board Minutes are provided for the last month. If you require additional information, please contact our Secretary.
OFFICIAL MINUTES OF SPECIAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
1. The Garden Ridge Lions Club Board Meeting was held in the Lions Den on March 15, 2017. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
The following members were present:
President Carmen McCaw Tail Twister Ray Pitzen
1st Vice President John Mitzel Lion Tamer Larry Smedley
2nd Vice President Mark DuBois 1 Yr Director Jim Young
Secretary Jim Newbold 1 Yr Director Larry Thompson
Treasurer Mark Meyers 2 Yr Director Jim Morgan
Program Director Mark Frye 2 Yr Director John McCaw
Minutes: The minutes of the February 15, 2017 Lions Club Board meeting were read and approved.
The Treasurer’s Admin Report: The Admin account financial report and previous month’s financials were discussed and approved. (Financial report attached)
• We received a letter from Lions International; Mark Delaney received a Silver Centennial Membership Award.
Officer Committee Reports
Membership: All dues are paid up to this quarter, with five members yet to pay the current quarter.
• Lions Den: The flooring for the Lions Den has been ordered and should arrive by next week. The total cost is slightly under $400. A Lions work-party type installation is scheduled for April 22nd.
• Lions Song Books: Jim Newbold will check on a price and availability from Lions International.
Adjourn: Carmen McCaw, President, adjourned the meeting at 7:26 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club
2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above:
Minutes: The minutes of the February 15, 2017 Lions Charities, Inc. Board meeting were read and approved.
The Treasurer’s Charities Report: The Charities account financial report and previous month’s financials were discussed and approved. (Financial report attached)
• Received a request for purchase of the Lone Star Books for Garden Ridge Library’s children reading program. The request is for $243.00.
• Received a letter from The Friends of the Children of Haiti requesting completion of their enclosed survey. Mark DuBois will complete and return the survey.
• Received a thank you letter from Leader Dogs for our $400 donation.
• FF,BBQ&A Standing Committee: We need to schedule a meeting for the Standing Committee to study improvements for the Annual FF,BBQ&A.
• Request for Hearing Aids: A request for $250 for a loaner hearing aids for Aileen Mojica. A motion was made by Larry Thompson to give Aileen Mojica $250 for loaner hearing aids, seconded and approved.
• Donor Tracking: The Donor Tracking Committee Chair, Jim Morgan, reminded the Board that he needs a replacement (trainee) Chair.
• Elementary School Eyeglasses & Exams: Simon Ramirez will Chair this committee at Morningside and Garden Ridge Elementary schools. He will be working with the school Nurses.
Adjourn: Carmen McCaw, President, adjourned the meeting at 8:00 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.